Monday, September 15, 2008

The Muskogee Lesson

*A took B to a pond and told B to look into it...

A: "What do you see?"
B: "I see my reflection."
A: "Put this stick in the water and stir up your reflection."

*After B stirred it up

A: " Now what do you see?"
B: "My face is all distorted."
A: "Do you like what you see?"
B: "I know that it's not supposed to look that way."

A: "When you meet someone and you immediately dislike them, always remember you are seeing a reflection of yourself. There is something you don't like about yourself that you're not owning up to. Thus when you see it in someone else, you tend to dislike that person, but in reality you are being displeased with yourself.
Always remember that."

- adapted from the autobiography The Wind Is My Mother

1 comment:

ShiWei said...

Yw, ur article got improvement man..

Up.