Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hua Hee Tio Ho

This is a hokkien song which I find the lyrics very meaningful. It is usually sung by a Taiwanese Singer, Chen Lei. This video is a version of the original and the sound is tweaked to sound like Alvin & The Chipmunks.

Hua Hee Tio Ho (Being Happy will Suffice/高兴就好)

A rough translation of the song is as follows,

Life is such...
Not everyone understands...
Sometimes very particular...
Other times whatever...
While some people speaks nicely
There will be others who speak nastily
But if we dont take them too seriously
Life would be much more easy

One moment feels that car not big enough
One moment feels that house not spacious enough
One moment feels that dishes are not well cooked
One moment feels that your spouse is not attractive

When gotten big car, one fear it being stolen
When gotten big house, one realise the pain in keeping it clean
When gotten all the good food in the world, one is told that one has high blood pressure
When gotten a beautiful wife, one fear she will leave for someone better

Life is short...
Liken it to a game...
Sometimes you worry all day...
Sometimes you slack all the way...
If you ask me,
What treasure do I have with me..
I will tell you there is nothing...but contentment...that is bliss

7 comments:

my innerfeeling said...

lovelyyyy i simple n beautiful

my innerfeeling said...

beautiful

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore this!!

Mary Mennenga said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Meaningful song but with few who truely understands

Anonymous said...

I like it very much, truly something i needed tonite :)

buy rift account said...

WoW! simple yet beautiful.=D